May 6, 2009

Pete Fromm

I met Pete at Tomales Bay in late 2007, where he was leading a fiction workshop. We sat together at breakfast one morning, talking about the things we have in common -- or, rather, the things he and my husband have in common (swimming and wildlife biology). I liked Pete, and when I got home, picked up a copy of his memoir, INDIAN CREEK CHRONICLES, which I have since shared with my hairy wildlife friends.

Pete's got a Story of the Week in Narrative this week, "Peas," which you can access here. (If you're reading this after May 10, search the archives, instead.) I know you'll enjoy it as much as I did, so check it out and leave a comment on Narrative's board; it's definitely worth your while.

4 comments:

Michelle Panik said...

What does it take to be one of your hairy wildlife friends? A ponytail? A four o'clock shadow? Being on the Endangers Species List?

Renee Thompson said...

All of the above, Michelle! Man, woman...it doesn't matter. The hairier, the merrier!

Maureenow said...

Peas was awesome. Painful and funny and awesome.

Renee Thompson said...

I agree, Maureen. But if you like that, you've GOT to read his memoir. Laugh-out-loud funny, and just heart-warming, really.