April 21, 2009

Happy Earth Day!

Okay, I'm a day early, as Earth Day doesn't actually arrive until April 22 -- but I've got two commitments tomorrow and may not get a chance in the morning to post this link to the Peregrine Fund Webcam.

The peregrine pair laid their first egg in this nest box in Boise, Idaho, on April 10; their second on April 12; their third on April 14, and their fourth (and last) on April 17. I just took a peek, and the female was standing over the eggs and then she gently sat and took her time settling in. Her back is to the camera as I write this, and I'm hoping she'll turn a bit so I can see her face. (If she's not moving when you click on the link, don't worry -- she's alive. Just check again later.)

Little feathers clinging to pebbles are waving in the wind, and every now and then a car passes by in the upper left-hand corner.

She just poked her head up!

No comments: