January 13, 2010

"Heel" Your Dog in Slingbacks


I met Sandra Ramirez-Thomas at the 2007 Squaw Valley Writers Workshop, and we've stayed in touch, critiquing one anothers' stories now and then, and following our day-to-day activities on Facebook.

Not long ago, Sandra's FB profile pic featured her dog's feet encased in vintage slingback heels; I thought this was clever and funny, and mentioned it to my daughter, Jena, after realizing her own dog's feet resembled the feet of Sandra's dog.

Jena thought this story was a hoot, and yesterday, sent this pic of Miley.

Gives new meaning entirely to "heeling" your dog.

4 comments:

Michelle Panik said...

Can Miley walk in these? If so, I think she's got a career on the runway.

Renee Thompson said...

She'll have to share runway space with Sandra's dog -- they can duke it out, ala Naomi and Tyra.

jena said...

To be fair, I am SHOCKED they fit. She hasn't worn them out yet. It's a little known fact, but Miley hearts patent leather. Ate the entire back half of my last pair of Jessica Simpson flats. Left only the toe end by my bedside.

Renee Thompson said...

Miley and Delilah have something in common. Maya just told me that D. ate about 16 yards of safflower seed, the evidence of which was a long trail the width of a snout, which stretched from one end of the garden to the other.