April 10, 2010

Here at last, here at last, thank God almighty...

They're here at last!

My publisher, Jim Brumfield, sent this box of ARCs -- Advanced Reading Copies -- of my novel, THE BRIDGE AT VALENTINE, which the UPS man delivered yesterday. Couldn't wait to tear into it and check out the book, which looks terrific, all glossy and trade-paperback-ish, nestled in its box of white Styrofoam wrap. Never has a delivery man in shorts made me so deliriously happy. Now to share with a few key local reviewers, and pray for happy results.

Keep your fingers and toes crossed? (I've said it before, but I'll say it again -- it takes a village to sell a book!) Thanks for your support!

6 comments:

Steve Thompson said...

Renee,

What an amazing day we are all so proud of you...

Renee Thompson said...

Thank you, sweetheart. That's a pretty nice pic you took...

sfcyn said...

Renee,
How exciting!
I'm so happy for you and so happy the Man In Brown made you happy too. My UPS guy is darling! Young, but cute!

Can't wait to read your book. I'll order on Amazon now and Facebook it to my friends.

Enjoy the published author ride.

Renee Thompson said...

Thank you, Cynthia -- I so appreciate your help and enthusiasm.

Hope to launch my redesigned website within next 4 weeks or so -- blog will soon reside there, so I'm tapering off a bit here.

Keep in touch! xoxo renee

aarynbelfer said...

Oh Congrats, Renée! You know...I review books for our local KPBS arts and culture website...

Just sayin'...

My review of "Alone With You" goes up tomorrow: http://www.kpbs.org/news/blogs/culture-lust/

Renee Thompson said...

Aaryn, I have two ARCs left -- I'll send you one tomorrow! And read your new review too. Thanks for the heads up. -- rmt