December 22, 2007

What I Love About You

This holiday season, I want to take a moment to tell my friends how much I appreciate their love and support. Each of you continues to surprise and amaze me, and as individuals you’ve brought much joy to my life. These are the qualities I love most about you:

Shannon: Your resilience, courage and determination. Your love of kids and dogs.

Kathy: Your work ethic, tenacity and intelligence; your willingness to share Kings’ tickets!

Liz: Your love of the environment and the work you’re doing; you make the world a better place.

Toni: Your sense of humor and remarkable style; your crazy Italian stories. Ti amo, Toni!

Kim: Your commitment to friends, family, and tradition; your desire to understand.

Chris: Your willingness to stretch yourself, and to show us how it’s done.

Laurie: Your candor and your confidence – you’re an inspiration because you’re real.

Lori: Your grace, your gentleness, your generosity of spirit.

Margaret: Your faith. Your love of reading. Your commitment to politics.

Lynn: Your life, so different from my own, has struck a wondrous chord. I long to know you better, and to learn more about Esther and Jonah.

Tony: Your eagerness to expand your knowledge; your outspokenness and smarts.

Andy: Your exuberant spirit and captivating smile; the stories you’ve yet to tell!

Gwen: Your tender side, your humanity, your potential. You’ve got a lot to give.

Firyal: Your illumination of a world unknown; I hunger to learn more.

Rich: Your willingness to be just who you are, in dress and attitude. You have the capacity to change men’s minds.

Alex: Your hard work (all that you’re doing!), your writing talent, your ear for dialogue.

Sandra: Your outlook – so smart and accepting; your knack for story telling. (I love that doggie, Taco.)

Greg: Your ability to paint a landscape using color and description.

Mary: Your warmth, curiosity and sincerity. You tell it like it is.

Courtney: Your spunk, quirkiness and originality. Your love of chocolate.

Bryan: Your programming skills extraordinaire; your calming effect on others.

Glenda: Your devotion to family. The memories we share – they number in the thousands.

Linda: Where to start? You, more than any other, live your life as a best example, showing me every day what it is to be a good person. A woman whose attitude outshines the stars, and whose belief is complete and unfailing.

I love you, my friends. Merry Christmas all.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear Renee,
I love you for doing this.
It's such a nice way to share the holiday spirit, and in doing it, you share such a loving part of yourself.
I'm so happy you're my friend and writing partner. You bring something new and wonderful into my life.
Thank you.
Love, Lynn

Renee Thompson said...

You're welcome, Lynn. Hope you're having a great time in Southern Cal; soak up some of that warmth for all of us in the breezy north. It's a crisp 43 degrees in Folsom! xxx renee

jena said...

a story unfolds
spirit, mother, and friendship
in words all her own